After recently graduating from Baylor, I moved back to the place where I grew up. But it was an entirely different Dallas than the one I left. Granted, I am probably different now too (one would hope), but that's beside the point. Now I have a grown-up job in a grown-up apartment trying to live a grown-up life. It's an adventure, to say the least.
Lately, I have started bringing my lunch to work, eating at my desk and using my lunch hour to run errands. It may sound lame, but no one here eats at the same time. And I like to get out of the office. I spend plenty of time talking with my office-mates throughout the rest of the day, so I don't feel too bad about this.
I have been craving a Barnes & Noble moment for a while now, so I Googled my nearest beloved bookstore and headed there to wander. It was a glorious 40 minutes spent burying my nose in a new book. I found a comfy chair and sat down next to this:
Ok, so not this exact image, but close. I got it here. But I'm really not exaggerating. If I could add sound effects, there would be a quiet snore with an occasional snort. The man didn't even know I was there, much less that I would blog about him. Poor thing. Here's to another adventure in this big place...may you find a cozy moment in a crazy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment