On Monday, the actual Fourth of July, I ran some errands, worked out at the Station with AMP, and got to stay for dinner. Several of the guys were asking me if I'd freaked out about wedding plans or if I was really stressed or anything. Honestly, I haven't been (yet), and it's my goal to try and stay as calm as possible about things. I think they're just waiting for me to crack!
Later that evening, I caught up with Anna, and then went to see fireworks in Plano with the Flaggs and my mom. Anna and I had a slumber party that night, and I learned about music on GrooveShark while she cleaned her room. Occasionally, we like to keep each other company while doing this task. I think we both inherited the I-don't-pick-up-my-clothes gene in our family. {I'm hoping this magically disappears when I get married. Ha.} Laura made me a smoothie the next morning, which was a treat. I keep telling Anna how lucky she is to have someone make her breakfast...I definitely miss that from being at home!
Tuesday was fun because we got several wedding things knocked out. Mom and I spent two hours with a florist. I so wish I had a photo with the 75-year-old, yellow pants and toupe-wearing man that we visited with. (I realize this may cause some alarm as to what my flowers may look like, if the man I just described is designing them.) He is truly so creative. I started to describe what I wanted, and he began to draw. It was unreal to me how he knew what I was wanting before I even finished. I am so excited to see how things turn out!
That afternoon, Adam met us at Stein's Bakery for cake tasting. We got to pick four flavors to try, and then we decided how the cake will look.
Adam saw Mom in action firsthand, and said later, "She's really good at this whole thing, isn't she?" Yes, she's a great question-asker/get-things-done person. We are having a lot of fun planning the wedding together!
They had this super-cheesy wedding cake setup that we all decided to pose in front of. Gotta love the fake flowers.
Our gifts are being shipped to my parents, just because they have more space. I brought our first gift with us so we could open it together. :-)
Here we are with our very own little canister.
(That sounds sooo sappy.)
Hooray for long weekends and wedding planning. Only 77 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment