Monday, October 4, 2010

A Full Fall Weekend

Dear 5k, thanks for letting me kick your booty this weekend.  It felt good.  Dear Adam, thanks for circling back after finishing your race to run with me.  Running next to you never gets old...except for when I'm really tired.  :-)  And I really like this picture of us.  I think we'd make a pretty good three-legged race team.  Just sayin'. PS--I'm proud of you for winning in your age group.  You're a stud.


I'm pretty sure Adam was saying, 
"Shay, go kick his butt. Don't let an old man beat you again."  
This time, I didn't.  Thanks for the nudge.


Dear AMP, after the race you made pancakes and added special ingredients.  They were so yummy.  And when I asked for a Mickey Mouse pancake that turned into a Baylor Bear, I'm pretty sure it was the reason they beat Kansas that day.  Sic' em.


Dear Chef Sarah, thanks for planning a girls' night out.  Without your party planning expertise, we would've missed watching the DART train at Twisted Root Burger Co...



and Sara Bareilles in concert.  And that would've been a shame, for sure.  

{Claire, Stephanie, Smoo, Me and Sarah}

Oh, Sara B.  You were a great entertainer and a wonderful musician.  
Thank you for acknowledging that getting to do what you love for a living is a wonderful thing. 


Dear Pumpkins, you make our apartment look more like Fall.  
I loved getting goosebumps from the breeze as I picked you out at Whole Foods on Sunday.  


How was your weekend?  Did it feel like Fall to you??

No comments:

Post a Comment