Friday night I ended up going to my high school homecoming football game. Chef Sarah invited me to come along, and although never in a million years did I think I would willingly return to campus (ha!), it was quite nice to catch up with old friends. One of the things that I most enjoyed about high school was when Emily pulled three of us together to meet each week. I stayed in touch with them in college, and we got to reconnect again Friday night.
{Lee Ann, Chrisey and me at the football game}
There were about twelve of us from the class of 2005 at the game, and we all gravitated toward the Alumni tent. Strange to think we've been gone five years! It was great to see where everyone was and what they were doing. Facebook has made it easy to "stalk" people, so I knew generally what they were up to, but it was really nice to see them in person.
Saturday night I sang in a wedding for a friend-of-a-friend. I'm glad I got to be a part of the wedding, and I also got to bring Adam along as my date. Quite a treat, since not every invitation invites me and a date!
{Self Portrait!}
Instead of going and knowing practically everyone in the room at a wedding, I went knowing only about ten friends. It was kind of nice to feel "anonymous!" They opened up the dance floor after all the toasts, and there were about three couples, including us, on the dance floor. I should've known this since we met two-stepping, but Adam is a dancing machine! I haven't had that much fun in a long time. We danced all night. (Hence why my hair looks a little flat in all these pics. But I know that's a sign of a good time!)
I sang at Natalie's wedding in Austin earlier this summer. We've been friends our whole lives, and it was great to see this Austin-ite.
{Natalie, me and Gentry}
I sang at Gentry's wedding two years ago. (Seems I just keep making the rounds!) They just moved back to Dallas, and I'm so glad! I knew Gentry from Natalie's birthday parties growing up, but we really became friends when we pledged Tri Delta at Baylor. So much fun!
And here I am with my most fabulous dance partner and date, who makes me laugh all.the.time. Perhaps a new favorite photo. (I seem to have a lot of those!)
PS. Happy 10.10.10!
I love all the pics, but especially the first foe obvious reasons! Is Chrisey marries yet?
ReplyDeleteI thought you would! :-) Yes, she and Brett got married in May. It was really fun!
ReplyDelete