Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's official: invitations are mailed!


{Feeling a little relieved, excited and disbelieving about getting these into the mail!}

Of all the things we're doing for the wedding, the invitations proved to be the most challenging, I do believe. 

I finally decided on invitations after visiting 3 or 4 times...I really can't remember.  Then we had to get the type and spacing "just right."  We went back and forth with the printer about 4 times as well.  But designing invitations and programs are something I really enjoy doing, so it was kind of frustrating to me that I couldn't just do it myself and get it right!  :-)  But we did, eventually get it juuuuuuuust right.

Aunt Laura and I addressed all the invitations, and she did waay more than half.  We couldn't have done this without her. 

When Mom picked everything up from the store, she noticed the inner envelope wasn't lined.  They told us we'd have to insert them ourselves (what a pain), and they would be delivered in a few days.  Well, we went on our merry little way, addressing inner and outer envelopes (Adam wanted to know why we needed two, and then changed his mind.  I'm glad, because I'm not sure I could provide an explanation for this strange phenomenon.)

Mom went back to pick up the liners, and it turns out they misspoke, and they had, in fact, shipped envelopes with liners already included.  So Laura and I re-wrote all the inner envelopes, just in time for a stuffing party.  {The people at the paper store felt awful, and gave us several discounts to make up for this mistake!}


These sweet girls came over, and they had all the envelopes stuffed, stamped, sealed an alphabetized within an hour.  Often times I don't like to ask for help because I don't want to bother people, but I asked anyways, and they came right on over.  I was so grateful!  And we had a fun time catching up over brownies and sangria.  :-)

{Claire, SMoo, Mom, Anna, Sarah
Lyndsy and Me}

Then I went out of town, and we were still gathering some addresses and whatnot. It's been almost three weeks since the stuffing party, and we have now triple-checked the invitations three times to make sure we've not missed someone. 

Last night after dinner with my parents, Adam and I dropped the invitations off at the post office.  It was rather monumental!


Dad thought I looked rather June Cleaver-ish.  {Adam agreed.}  Thanks.  And he also kept referring to us as "the kids," as in, "Where are the kids?" or "Where are the kids' plates?"  I found this quite humorous. 

Finally,  we headed to the post office....
Very focused on getting the invitations in the mailbox.
Here we go!

This was most definitely a team effort, and I'm so thankful for all the helping hands we had along the way! 

Only 45 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment