Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shut Down the City

Well, the city isn't shut down, but it might be, come Friday morning.  There are talks of two to four inches of snow headed our way. And we all know that any amount of ice and snow in Dallas pretty much shuts this place down. 


From a personal standpoint, this is pretty exciting.  I mean, who doesn't love a good snow day?  But at work, we have a big Kick off Breakfast Friday morning that could potentially get cancelled and cost a lot of money and momentum.  It's not a great thing at work, but we'll see what happens.  The little kid in me is still hoping for a snow day!

"Shut Down the City" is also the name of one of my favorite songs of my brother's.  I was missing him the other day, so I pulled up his band's page here.  My other favorites include "Lovely Lady" and "Hold On."  Perhaps I am biased, but I love his lyrics.  Check it out.

And in other news, I made my first major purchase: a washer and dryer.  Yes, folks, it's that exciting.  I felt  little more like an adult after that purchase.  Strange how appliances can do that to you.

1 comment:

  1. i feel the same way about snow days...although they cause many problems such as having to make up the whole day of school I would miss...I am still hoping for that nice little day off to sip hot cocoa and probably catch up on studying!haha!

    ReplyDelete