Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Think Pink

A few weekends ago, we celebrated roomdog's birthday with a party.  It was a fun night, and the only requirement was that you wear PINK!


Claire is one of the girliest girls I know.  Everything in her closet seems to have ruffles and/or it's pink.  Literally everything!  When I find myself shopping now, I pick up things that are ruffly.  So it was only fitting that we have a Pink Party.  


{Roomies!}
I found this wall decal at Hobby Lobby, and it just screamed CLAIRE!  


For her birthday present, I decorated the house with all kinds of pink stuff from Hobby Lobby.    This isn't a great pic of the pink stuff, but in the background, you can see these pink lanterns hanging from the ceiling.  I also had this pink swoopy stuff on the mantle, pink M&Ms, Hershey Kisses, and a pink birdhouse.  It was easy to find all this pink stuff since her birthday is just before Valentine's Day.  A great excuse for decorating!




{Lighting the candles}  


It was really fun to decorate, and my mom came over one Saturday while Claire was gone to help me.  We had a great time.  Mom and I love red, and the kitchen especially is very red.  It kind of made Mom cringe to see pink and red clashing, but it was so worth it, because Claire was so surprised with all the decorations when she came home!


Claire realized that it would take almost two boxes of candles to have the appropriate 23 candles.  It was quite humorous to witness this revelation.  We actually just went with 20 very tall candles...hey, at least we're in the right decade!


{I was trying out the settings on my camera again.  I kind of like this one because Claire is in focus and nothing else is.  There's probably a term for this, I just have no idea what it is!}

It was a very fun night, and everyone seemed to have a great time.  I felt kind of old, or at least very "adult" because we sat around and watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, and it was really fun.  It's hard to believe that I'm not a kid anymore.  I wonder if this feeling ever goes away...


{Me, Claire & Lyndsy}
Lyndsy was able to come that night, so we had a great time catching up.  She's quite busy with Physical Therapy school, so it's always a treat to see her!

And about our wardrobe: this is probably the most sparkly thing I own.  I feel very "Legally Blonde," and it only gets worn about once a year, but it's really fun for stuff like this!  Claire wore this killer dress, even though it was black.  Her jewelry had all these pink hearts on it, and she was the Birthday Girl, so there!

1 comment:

  1. Shay- I also liked the effect of that photo- very frameable and would be a great gift. You always were a great gift-giver. ;)

    Hope you're well-

    Emily

    ReplyDelete