Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Yesterday was my sweet friend Amanda's birthday.  We've known each other since about sixth grade when my aunt introduced us in Houston.  I remember not being too sure about this chick at the time.  I kind of kept up with her through my aunt over the years, and we reconnected when we both got to Baylor.  I'm so glad we did!

We have so many memories through college together, and I'm so grateful for her friendship.  Now, we work for the same non-profit, but in different cities, so it's fun to get to talk with her about work, but it's also great not to have to talk about it at all!

{Earlier this spring Amanda came to visit and we went to a park.  
It was a bit too cold to stay long, so we quickly headed to the nearest mall!}

Here are some things I love about Amanda--just to name a few:
  • She's a kind and loyal friend.  She will drop anything and be there for you.  
  • We can laugh, shop, talk, not talk, or do whatever together.  It's easy to be "me" around her!
  • In the Fall of my senior year, we began meeting weekly to pray for one another.  It was a sweet time for both of us, and quickly became a highlight of my week.  
  • We share a lot of the same interests--decorating, family and friends.  (Not in any particular order ha!)
  • She's a great listener and gives wise, sound advice--I call her to hear her thoughts on all sorts of things!

We often joke that we should meet halfway for lunch because we are always seeming to lack a lunch buddy.  I've spent several lunches in my car chatting with her on the phone.  It's not quite the same, but it'll do for now.  :-)  

Love you, Amanda!  Hope you had a wonderful day!  

1 comment:

  1. Awww... thanks Shay Bear! I cherish our friendship and can't imagine what I would do without such an amazing girl like you to call my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete