Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lake Lovin'


Memorial Day weekend, I headed to the lake to spend time with some of my favorite people.  It was lovely.  I was a bit out of practice with lake procedures, though, as we hopped on the tube without lifejackets.  Oops.  Not to worry, my mom reminded us, (thanks, Mom!) and we were good to go.  

The picture above was taken just moments after I jumped in the water and something bit my backside.  I'm not joking.  As you can see from pictures later in the post, we were in some shallow water, and there seemed to be a creature living in the bullrushes or something.  I yelled, "Something just went up my shorts!" And did a lovely little hip-shaking dance, just in case it was still there.  This was quite amusing to my audience in the boat, I'm certain.  Lovely. 

{Life jackets--much needed.}

{Smoo, Me and Lyndsy--all smiles for our boat ride!}



{Smoo and I headed out on the jet skis to fill them up with gas.  It was a crazy ride because there were so many boats out for the weekend.}


{We played Wii Boxing.  I got a little competitive.  I don't like to lose--even when I have no idea what I'm doing.}
It was a fun weekend filled with lots of friends and family.  I very much enjoyed it.  We had a revolving door pretty much, with people in and out.  My parents are wonderful hosts, and they don't ever bat an eye--even when we have 30+ people there (it's happened!). 

Hooray for Summer and for weekends.  They are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment