Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kids in Kenya


Today, these 15 kids (and a few adults) leave for Kenya.  I've watched most of them grow up in our church and can't believe they're old enough to go half way around the world.  I am so excited for them!  And I kind of wish I could go along.

I've had several of the girls in my Winter Weekend group (aka Disciple Now), and they have the most amazing hearts.  I cannot wait to see how the Lord uses them and opens their eyes to the wonderful things He will do in Kenya.

Our old youth pastor, Tom Stickney, and his wife, Kerry, and their two kids are moving to Kenya to live there full time and take over the ministry his dad started years ago.  It will be quite an adjustment, I'm sure, but I can't wait to hear more about their time their as well.  You can read their blog here.  This is the third year they've gone to Kenya with our youth in the summer, and the Stickneys will stay there after the kids leave.

Linley, one of the girls headed to Kenya today, wrote this:

"That's why I'm going to Kenya. Because I need to tell people that God is the same God who has been around since the beginning of time...and even before then."

They will be in Kenya from July 6 through July 22.  Will you pray for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment