Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Happy 26th Birthday, Adam!!  

You make me laugh every single day.  And I love it.
Perhaps it has something to do with your crazy faces??


I remember laughing through my entire dinner at Pei Wei with you the first time we went out after rock climbing.  Part of it was nerves, but part of it was I just thought you were really funny.  (And cute.)  Well, I was right.  (On both accounts.)

In college, Katie, SMoo and I would mention a guy and then ask our own question:  

"Is he smart?" (SMoo)
"Is he funny?" (Katie)
"Is he cute?" (Shay)

You are all three.  And more.  Most importantly to me, you pursue the Lord wholeheartedly.  You have made my friends your friends, and you know (and ask) all about the important people in my life, including my entire family, closest friends, and people at work.  

You encourage me when I need it most, you are a great listener, and you make me think about more than just myself.  You encourage me to run and workout, but don't demand it.  

You are hardworking and diligent in all that you do.  
You're compassionate, caring, intelligent, a great cook, 
and have I mentioned funny?

I must really like you, because otherwise I wouldn't send you photos like this after you run a half marathon while I was out of town for work & couldn't be there...


And you must really like me, because after I had a really horrible day this week and bawled my eyes out on your shoulder, I looked up and you had my mascara all over your cheek.  But you just sat there with me and talked and listened.  That meant a whole lot.  :-)

I hope today you feel extra special and very celebrated.

Love,
Shay 

ps--a birthday clue:  I hope you know your ABCs by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment