Sister by TroyCartwright
Today my brother posted a new song he'd recorded called "Sister." After listening, I texted him and asked if it was about any sister in particular. :-) He said, "The only one I've got!" This is seriously the best gift he could've given.
And I'm pretty sure this is pretty true to how he feels ("I don't have my head around it yet"), because when we called to tell him our good news, all he could say was, "Wow. I can't believe it."
I love how he writes, because it's not how "normal" people think. My favorite parts are in bold.
So here it is...
I don't have my head around it yet
But I'm doing the best that I can
So hold her up, when she feels like sinking
In all you white, I just can't believe it
Sister, I hope when you shiver
He gives you his coat and hes holding you close
through the pain and sickness
the health and the rich-es
And its all so beautiful
I just don't know what I'm so anxious for
Cause you used to hold my hand
and help me to understand
taught me bout Jesus
and how to believe it
So hold her up, when she feels like sinking
In all you white, I just can't believe it
Sister, I hope when you shiver
He gives you his coat and hes holding you close
through the pain and sickness
the health and the rich-es
Or how deep you're in it
your loves gonna fix it
The thorniest thicket
has spaces within it
and thats where the love is
thats where the love is
And if you ever get to thinkin'
its not enough, believe me it is
Trust your brother on this one
Sister, I hope when you shiver
He gives you his coat and hes holding you close
through the pain and sickness
the health and the rich-es
this is BEAUTIFUL! I felt exactly the same way when Liz wrote her song for Madeleine. What an awesome gift! Always so impressed by Troy.
ReplyDelete