Here's how Saturday's road trip started out:
Adam: So, you remember how to get to Turner Falls, right?
Shay: Um, you go North? I mean, I know that's where Oklahoma is...
Adam: Oh dear, I should've thought of this before we left. You know we need to go north on I-35, right?
Shay: Oh. Right. 35, huh? Well at least I'm going North! (I had hopped on the Tollway. At least I wasn't going South...)
**So it may not have gone exactly like that, but I promise it was pretty close. Hello...I have very little sense of direction, and if I've only been somewhere once before, we should all just assume I don't remember how to get there. It's a wonder I get around by myself at all. **
No worries, we made it. Good thing Adam has excellent directional skillz. See the leaves? Different colors! {Ok, maybe just a few, but still...}
We hiked around three different places in the park. Adam loooves exploring, and I think it's pretty entertaining to watch, so it works out. :-)
{Happy Camper!}
Adam spotted a log that was still smoldering, so we he got it started again. It was a gorgeous day, and sometimes a little cool breeze blew in, so it was fun to sit by a fire. The only thing I missed were the ingredients to make s'mores!
Not to worry, people: the fireman took care of the flame before we left.
And in case you're curious, we've been here before. Here we are this weekend, and then back in June. {This was before Adam made his debut on the blog, haha.}
Impressed? Just kidding. I laughed when I saw this photo at first, because I actually look like I know what I'm doing. Maybe. Pretty sure it's just because I was rockin' the rhinestone sunglasses, which I also run in. Adam loves to give me a hard time about them. ;-)
It was a great way to spend Saturday: outside and with one of my favorite people, especially since I've been cooped up in an office all week in Austin.
That night, we caught part of the Baylor v. UT game on TV in a restaurant in Ardmore. I thought about staying in Austin for the Baylor v. UT game on Saturday night, but I was ready to come home. It would've been a fun game, though. The UT fans might've been a little upset at anyone dressed in green and gold, so maybe it was a good thing. Sic'em Bears--it feels good to be ranked!
It was such a fun little day trip. Stay tuned for photos of these hooligans at the Fire Station. Yet another adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment