This summer, I was craving a project like nobody's business. I needed to do something creative.
I searched and searched, but didn't know what I wanted to do, and I knew I didn't want or need to spend a lot.
Sometimes I wander through this consignment shop that's either hit or miss. I found my purple couch there back in September of 2009 on the day I got my job. A random purchase, but it works great in our apartment!
For $25, I found this little blue shelf with drawers at the consignment store.
Hooray for a project. And a piece of furniture.
Here it is minus the drawers. I cleaned it up with warm water and dusted it off.
And then I got my black paint out and went to town.
Now this little piece sits in our entry way.
It was going to be a great spot for me to put my ever-disappearing keys.
{What a great theory. In practice, that's another story.}
The Nester's Secret to Thrifting reminded me that I never shared this little project. I thought she gave great tips on shopping at Thrift stores and Consignment shops for furniture.
"When it comes to shopping thrift, the biggest secret to finding great stuff is persistence. Are you willing to pass by a ton of junk that you would never buy to find that one gem?" --The Nester
No comments:
Post a Comment