We've had the TV on a lot around here the last 48 hours, glued to the weather station and then moving on to other shows. Parenthood still is at the top of my list of favorite shows, and it's really the only thing I've liked so far. However, Biggest Loser is pretty cool, if you think about how people are really making a lifestyle change in the way they lose all that weight. Kinda neat to watch.
I've found a new group that I really like, thanks to Annie's blog. Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors' new album comes out next week, and I can't wait. I'd never heard of them until last night, but they are touring with Marc Broussard and Ben Rector. This video of their song "Fire and Dynamite" makes me happy. Check 'em out on iTunes.
We're on Day 2 of being snowed iced in, and it's just peachy. I'm thankful I went to the grocery store on Monday after work, because otherwise who knows what we would've scrounged up to eat around here. Claire is well-stocked on Lean Cuisines, but I'm not so sure about those frozen lunchables. :-) I'm working from home and spend the majority of yesterday in my jammers, but after a workout today at our apartment gym, Claire and I decided to at least look presentable. It's a nice feeling, even when you're not really seeing much of anyone!
SMoo ended up driving over for our Turkey Chili dinner last night, and once she arrived (quite frazzled), she announced, "That was probably the stupidest thing I've done in a long time." She lives just about a mile from us, but the road between us was basically a sheet of ice. She ended up staying the night, and we stayed up 'til midnight and had a little slumber party. She stayed well into the morning, and we all had breakfast and hung out together. It was like we all lived together! So fun.
Who knows what the roads will look like tomorrow--it's not getting any warmer here, so I'm not sure about the ice. I think it's fine on all the major roadways (from what I can tell on the news), but it's the little side streets that are still sheets of ice. We shall see...
Hope you're staying warm and have power on this chilly day!
No comments:
Post a Comment