Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Inspiration Folder Peek 2

A few Saturdays ago, SMoo and I ventured out for lunch and some consignment store browsing.  I bought my purple couch there when Claire and I moved to our a-p-t a while ago, and I like to frequent it every so often.  We stayed in there for a good hour and a half, just looking around.  It was lovely.  I bought a few little things and so did SMoo.  Then, we headed over to HomeGoods {Like TJMaxx & Ross, except for, well...home goods.} Not to worry, I did not purchase all (or any) of these things, but this is just stuff that caught my eye.  Enjoy!


{one} I still have half a mind to call up the shop and ask them if this chair is still there.  By now, it would have gone down in price big time.  The fabric and nail-head details had me at hello.  Mom pointed out that it doesn't really go with the purple couch.  (But who says I can't recover that, right?) 

{two} Noritaki china.  They had several complete (or almost complete) sets of dishes.  This reminded me of my grandmother's that my mom has now.  It's simple and silver, and I like it.  

{three} This cute little bench has a lid that lifts up for storage.  I could see it in an entryway or a mud room.  

{four} At this point, I began to notice that painted furniture was all over the place.  This buffet table was really cool looking.  

{five} Now we're headed to HomeGoods.  I love that these pillows look like they stepped right out of a Pottery Barn catalogue.  I went back to check on them yesterday, and I have no bright ideas on how to use them yet.  But I'm still thinking.  

{six} More painted furniture.  I thought this was a sweet little side table.  It would totally go with the bedding I have right now.

{seven} Doesn't this buffet table look similar to the one above it?  Not quite as ornate, but I did like the painted doors and drawers. 

{eight}  See?  I told you painted furniture was in. 

{nine} This piece had crackled paint and looked very Pottery Barn to me, too. 

This made for a fun Saturday, and it let my mind be creative.  Here's to more of that!   

No comments:

Post a Comment