Hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was quite relaxing, and I loved it. Just a few pics from this week. We celebrated Claire's birthday last Saturday night down in Deep Ellum at Twisted Root Burger Co. It was a lot of fun, and she was quite thrilled to have so many of her favorite people in one place. We sang and she blew out a candle that turned out to be a sparkler, so it re-lit three times. Kind of like a trick candle, I guess!
Her actual b-day was on Friday, and I woke up with her at 5:45 a.m. to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Did you know it's still dark then? Who knew. And she gets up that early every.single.morning. Makes me tired just thinking about it. We celebrated over breakfast with presents, and then I sent her off to school. I felt like such a mom! It was a fun morning.
Thursday after work, I stopped by the station to see Adam. It's always fun to step into his world and just hang out with him. He rode the engine that day, which means that the chance of him getting called out is slim, versus riding the ambulance. {Sometimes when I drop by, it's only about 5 minutes before he has to head out! But that's the name of the game.} We played ping-pong out where the Engine and Rescue hang out in the big garage. I got to show off my mad skillz, and it was quite fun. {Shockingly, I can actually play ping-pong. We had a table growing up, so I guess that's where I learned it...}
I took this iPhone pic of Adam in the Engine and edited it using my new App, ColorSplash. It's $.99 and you can make a photo black and white and then pick the parts that you want to have in color. I thought it was kinda fun.
Well, it looks like this week will be snow-free and warmer, which will be much enjoyed! Hope your weekend was good, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment