"We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
Pope John Paul II
This was a weekend full of fun things, a great way to celebrate being Easter people. Adam's parents drove in Friday morning and I lucked out with a half-day off from work. {You may remember how I love half-days.} First, we visited the Flight Museum at Love Field. Adam would love to re-do our wedding already and have our reception in the hangar there, ha.
On our way back, we stopped for Sprinkles Cupcakes and each picked one out for dessert: Red Velvet, Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Sugar Praline and a Black & White cupcake. Adam's parents brought down Iowa chops and we grilled out. It was de-lic-ious. I thought it was a fair trade: Iowa Chops versus a little taste of Dallas. Works for me!
Saturday, Adam's Mom and I shopped for a mother of the groom dress at Northpark Mall. It was fun to hang out with just her! We looked into a rehearsal dinner option, too, and made it to four department stores in just a few hours.
That night, our parents met for the first time. {Kind of a big deal.} We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe at the Galleria and it was a good evening, and everyone got along swimmingly. :-)
{Mike, Noreen, Adam, Me, Mom & Dad}
I asked everyone to take a pic at dinner because I felt like this was rather monumental. Adam's brother refers to me as "the picture girl," because I take so many photos. There are worse things, I suppose. :-)
{The girls: Noreen, SMoo, Mom, Me, Anna, Laura & Jonita}
Sunday morning, Adam & his parents came with us to our church. I think it's a smidge bigger than what they're used to. Ha. They were troopers, for sure. A lot of our close family friends came up and introduced themselves, so while it was probably a bit overwhelming to meet so many people, at least they know that Adam is well loved here in Texas!
We had lunch at our house with the Flaggs and Papa & Jonita. Troy and Austin flew in for the weekend, so it was really nice to have the fam together. SMoo joined us as well, since her fam is in Arkansas, but really she just fit right in. And I guess it wouldn't be an Easter celebration without her!
It was a great weekend with my Easter people.
No comments:
Post a Comment