Thursday, April 7, 2011

Girls' Lake Weekend

Last weekend I invited my sweet friends to the lake for a little getaway.  It was so much fun.  We'd planned it about a month in advance, and Katie even got to come down from Nashville.  I mixed old and new friends that mostly live in the Dallas area or nearby.  It's so fun when your friends like your other friends!  :-) 

Molly is so on top of things and already emailed out pics from the weekend.  Since she's waiting on me to send her my pics so she can blog about it, I won't post all the same ones she has, but these are ones we both took, so I hope you don't mind, Molly! 

Friday night we met at Campisi's in Dallas before picking up Katie at the airport.  Claire, Lyndsy, SMoo, Molly and I ate, and we added Nathan (Molly's husband) and Adam to the mix, just for kicks.  It was a fun dinner, and we had Mr. Campisi's daughter as our waitress.  She was bossy and told us that we had to order their garlic bread.  I'm glad she was, because it was delicious!



SMoo and I picked up Katie in our car, and we'd forgotten how funny she is.  I mean, I know she's funny, but my gosh.  It was just like we'd lived together for the past two years and like no time had passed. 

Saturday we all hung out on the deck--it was a beautiful sunny day.  Our two teachers, Claire and Katie, both graded papers and got some help doing that, too!  We sat around and talked and snacked and hung out.  Molly, Amanda and Megan (who's moving to Dallas soon!) joined us around lunch time, and we had a great time. 

We ate at the Blue Burrito for dinner, went to Wal-Mart (because that's what you do at the lake...) and then stopped at Dairy Queen for a blizzard. 

Katie, Me, Amanda, Claire, Megan & Molly
Lyndsy & SMoo

I just love these girls, and I am blessed by their friendships, old and new!


One thing I miss about college is getting ready all together.  Claire and I have such different schedules, we rarely "primp" at the same times.  Amanda and I fixed our hair together in the big bathroom...just because we could!  People ask us all the time if we're sisters, especially now with her cute short hair.  It was fun to see my Waco friend!

Sunday we went to Canton and walked around and bought some cute stuff.  Claire and Lyndsy headed back early, so we missed them especially that day! 


I love this pic.  Just because Katie has a Nashville drivers' license doesn't mean she's not a Texan at heart!  Please note Katie's "baby."  She and Molly carried these bags of kettle corn around all afternoon.  Cracks me up.



{Corn Dog #1}


I also had a corn dog for the first time on Sunday.  It was delicious.  So much so, that I got another one that afternoon.  I may have over done it, because I saw it again later.  Lovely.  I was on my way out the door to church and called Adam and told him I wouldn't be making it.  He came over and took care of me, and we sat and watched the Women's Final Four tournament.  He was so sweet.  :-)

This weekend was wonderful with some much-needed girl time, and I can't wait to have another one again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment