When Adam and I first met, we had lunch together a few times. He'd come to my office and pick me up, and we'd talk and eat and laugh. I look back and remember the anticipation of him coming to get me and getting to have lunch together. To me, the hour was always too short. But I soaked it in and always hoped for another. I got my wish. :-)
Saturday, I met several girls for lunch at Chip's. It's one of my favorite places (good burgers, delicious cheese fries and some of the best chocolate shakes). In high school, my fam would go down to eat there for lunch every so often, so it just screams "Saturday Lunch Place" to me. I love the atmosphere and the food. They actually just repainted and added an outdoor patio, which only adds to the appeal of the place to me. It was a fun day of catching up and laughing together.
Today I lunched with Papa. {He bought...and let me know that I could treat him to dinner next time.} It was the first time I'd seen him since AMP and I got engaged. He said hello with a big hug, and then I showed him my ring. He put on his reading glasses to see it, inspected it with great care and then kissed my hand and told me how happy he was for us. I'm so glad to share this time with him. We proceeded to talk about a wide variety of subjects for the next hour or so, including our funny (strange?) extended family and all the home-improvement projects he's doing for people, and how he recently went turkey hunting. I love spending time with my Papa. It's really such a treat to have him nearby.
So those are just a few reasons why I love lunch...mostly it's because of the people I eat with. And now I am officially hungry. Again.
No comments:
Post a Comment