Thursday, April 8, 2010

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico



This year for Easter, my parents asked us to come to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  I thought about the days of vacation I would have to take, and the hard choice of choosing which of my wonderful friends to bring, and thought about how much money I would be spending on food and a hotel and airfare.  I said, yes please, I'll take a free vacation with the fam in Paradise.  We don't get off for Easter around here, so I took two days in our very busiest month of the year, and it was so worth it. 

{Here we are eating at Cantia Laredo at DFW airport.  I knew when we were dying laughing just getting through security that it would be a great trip.}

Before we had even left that day, Will realized his Passport was still at his parent's house on the other side of Dallas, we dropped off Skippy in Coppell at some friends' house, found Will and his Passport, went to security, mom walked through without putting on her bag through the screener thing, laughed and then slightly panicked when someone asked, "WHOSE RED BAG IS THIS??"  And no one claimed it.  Mom was already through security.  So we claimed her bag and went through. Next we found Troy who got a connecting flight from Boston, and then we ate what was the first of many meals together.  And laughed.  A lot. And we finally made it to Mexico.

I didn't think about work a single time.  It was so nice to get away!  For the first time, Troy and I each got to bring a friend.  He brought our life-long family friend, Will, and I brought one of my old roomies, SMoo.  I wish I could've packed all my friends in my suitcase and brought them along.  But I wish that every day so we could live life together, haha.  Having SMoo there was such a treat to spend so much time together.

Our stressful schedule went something like this:
Wake up, eat, go to the beach, eat lunch, read on the beach, think about eating again, take a nap, shower, meet up for dinner, eat, walk around the hotel, eatsome Blue Bell ice cream, and then head to bed.  Sounds pretty rough, huh?

{I was pumped they had Blue Bell and Dr. Pepper at the Marriott!}


I really enjoyed spending time with my fam.  It was great seeing Troy so soon after Spring Break.  He's home one more time in May, and then I'm not sure if I'll get to see him again until the Fall.  So I'm soaking up every minute!

{Fun times}

I very much enjoyed being in Mexcio for the first time and being able to understand the language.  Seven years of Spanish paid off more than a little bit!  Makes me want to live somewhere and learn to speak it fluently.  Maybe someday....I'll add it to my list of things to do.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. When did Troy get huge?? Seriously, kinda crazy.

    So fun, Shay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! we went to puerto vallarta on our honeymoon! it's soooo beautiful! i'm sure yall had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the crossed out sentences...only an intense blogger such as yourself could accomplish such a feat! cant wait to hear about your trip tomorrow...actually its already today...i should go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete