The grocery store has the potential to be a very mundane experience. But, I've had the good fortune of visiting my neighborhood grocery store with friends on two separate occasions recently. Let's just say it was humorous. Let me explain...
Shopping with a Girl
We get a basket with wheels, put our purses in, and then the Sonic drinks. (Thank goodness for cup holders.) We work from a list (I'm a list kinda girl), and we go around the store in an orderly fashion, getting enough food for the week. When we get to the frozen food section, we are stopped by an associate who asks if we're having fun. I think he was probably flirting with the only two young girls in the store. Apparently most people don't smile when they grocery shop. We laugh, because it's funny, and continue on our way. We stop at the make-up aisle, saunter down the shampoo section, and finally decide it's time to check out after we figure out what kind of dessert we're going to make next. Then we proceed to have a conversation with the nice manager that knows us there. I love neighborhoods.
Shopping with a Guy
He gets a basket to carry (which is great, because that means I don't have to do anything). There is no list--after all, we're only going to get ingredients for the one meal we're about to make. We sing along to the music playing in the store, and then he dances in the aisle simultaneously, which makes me laugh. Then, we continue to laugh as the man from the bakery yells, "HOT bread! HOT bread!" I promise, it's hilarious to hear. After a much shorter trip, we proceed to the checkout lane, and just happen to walk past all the hairspray, which reminds me that I'm about out. I stop, saying that I need some. Then, I realize that it might be rather difficult to justify to a guy with very short hair why I am purchasing a can of hairspray that costs $15. I quickly discover that they don't have the kind I want, which in turn classifies me as a "Hair Spray Diva". I live in Texas--of course I am. :-) And then we leave, just 15 minutes after we walked in the door. But it was a very funny 15 minutes.
Needless to say, both experiences were quite entertaining. I wouldn't recommend going to the grocery store alone--it's very boring .
loved this.... and don't think that your color coding went unnoticed!!!
ReplyDeletehahahahahhahahahaha!!! I loved it too!!!!! I've laughed 6 times after reading it twice. It's a perfect pick me up!
ReplyDelete