{200 kids in NYC}
Dear Dad,
We talked on the phone last night and celebrated earlier in the week. Although I didn't get to spend Father's Day with you, I am gladly sharing you with 200 other kids as you are with them on a mission trip to New York City this week.
I heard all about your day, from church at the Brooklyn Tabernacle, to a concert in the park, and things in between. I could hear in your voice and in your stories that you were really excited to be a part of this week. I'm proud of you for going.
In the last couple of years, you've come alongside Mom and helped in 86:12 (our church youth choir). You jumped right in, making new freinds of all ages. I can hear in your voice that you are excited to be there, more than willing to help navigate this city that is like your second home at times.
You have always told me and Troy to never give up on our dreams. I don't know all of your dreams, but I do know that you are very good at helping people and giving wise advice, and this is part of what makes you tick. I hope that you find ways to get to do this more often, because I know it brings you great joy.
So to you, Dad, this Father's Day week. Here's to finding joy in doing things that you love, with people you love. Thanks for showing us how it's done.
I Love you,
Shay
No comments:
Post a Comment