Sunday, June 12, 2011

Graduation Lunch


Friday for lunch we celebrated a friend's High School graduation.  The "Birthday Group" is a bunch of my mom's friends that are all like second moms to me.  They celebrate anything and everything, and it's especially fun to be on the receiving end of the celebrating!  

We had a moms-and-daughters lunch at Rise, a souffle place in Inwood Village.  The desserts are absolutely delicious.  I came from work, and the girls said, "Shay you can sit with the moms or the kids--whichever you want."  I decided they'd appreciate it if I sat with the "kids."  :-)  {I'm the oldest of all the girls by about five years, but I've known them all forever.  They really don't feel young, even though I babysat almost all of them!}

The girls were about to start her senior year, a new high school graduate, and one who just finished her freshman year in college.   We talked about boys, bedding, summer plans and college.  If you'd been on our end, some of the conversation might have sounded like this...
  • "Shay, are you SO ready to be married?"  When I answered, "Yes, only 106 days to go!" They said, "Oh my gosh, I love that you know the exact numbers!"  {Well of course I do...ha!} 
  • In talking about dorm room bedding, I mentioned that it's a bit trickier when you have to pick bedding that a boy can live with.  They all started to giggle and then said, "Oh my gosh.  You're going to live with a boy! Giggle, giggle, giggle."  This probably cracked me up the most.
  • And I think we were finishing up the bedding conversation and one of them said wistfully, "Oh, I just can't wait to be married!"   
It was so fun to sit and catch up with them and hear about life from their worlds.  Crazy to think that I was in their shoes not too long ago.  We had a great time, and I would highly recommend the bread pudding souffle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment