Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sum-Sum-Summer

For some reason, working during the summer has come as a harsh reality this year.  Perhaps it's because Claire is busy but not working a job most of the day like last summer.  Sometimes on his days off, Adam hangs out at the pool for a bit before I get off work.  Knowing that they're both off having fun without me is a bit of a bummer!!

Perhaps this reality is hitting extra hard because I'm saving most of my vacation for September to go on our Honeymoon and don't have the luxury to take a personal day just because I feel like it.  Whatever it is, I find myself racking my brain for a profession that would ideally be part-time hours for full-time pay.  (Hey, a girl can dream, ok??) 

So, in an effort to combat my summer blues, we (Claire and I) have declared all days after 4 p.m. and certainly all weekends as SUMMER.  This includes eating at fun restaurants, trying new recipes, swimming, popsicle eating, back-porch sitting, taking walks at night and getting frozen yogurt at 9 p.m.

Last week, Adam and I made breakfast for dinner and had Claire and Anna over to my parents' house while they were gone.  They have a big griddle and lots of counter space, and it was just fun to have free-reign of the house!  He makes some mean french toast, and we had fruit salad and bacon to go with it.  It was quite tasty!

We ate out on the back porch by the pool and talked and laughed to our heart's content.  It was a great evening.    So here's to lots more of those!


No comments:

Post a Comment