Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was another glorious one because of my half-day Friday, followed by a weekend full of friends and hanging out.  When I came back to the office Tuesday morning, it felt like I'd been gone a good long while--which was a nice feeling, indeed. 

Friday was hangin' with Claire, followed by Saturday at my parent's pool.  We totally house-crashed while they were gone.  Adam, Claire, her sister Grace, Joey & Amanda and our new friends Rich and Megan came over in the afternoon to hang out.  I have no photos of this fun day, because my camera was acting all ridiculous.  Bummer. 

The guys played catch in the pool while the girls sat around the edge witht their feet in.  Typical girls.  Typical boys.  We cooked out burgers with Amanda and Joey that night. 

{Amanda, Me & Megan}

Sunday, I went to church at Valley Ranch, which was quite a treat to sit with Amanda and Megan (and their hubbies, of course.)  Amanda and Megan became friends in Waco, and now Rich and Megan are in Dallas because he's the new youth pastor at Valley Ranch.  This is fun for two reasons: 1) new friends and 2) another reason for Amanda to come to Dallas!


{Joy, Me & Katelyn}

Sunday night, I got to catch up with more church friends.  Katelyn and I became friends my senior year of high school when she moved here as a freshman.  I feel like I'm just part of their family.  They are always sweet to include me and invite me over when all the kids are home. 


Since Adam and I both had Monday off, we were originally going to fix up my bike that Troy brought home from the lake & go for a ride, but after Adam cleaned it up and WD-40'd it, we realized that it was a bit small.  I guess when you ride a bike from Middle School, it's safe to assume that you've grown out of it as a 24-year-old. 

After a Chinese food dinner, we headed over to a nearby park, where the Dallas Symphony Orchestra was playing a Memorial Day outdoor concert.  It was really fun to see all the families and dogs out on the lawn.  It made me feel quite patriotic and cultured, all at the same time.  It also made me so grateful for our freedom--something I often take for granted.  They finished off the concert with a fireworks show.  I'd say it was a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment