Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crazy Nails and Other Random Things


I walked outside this morning for work and stopped dead in my tracks.  And shivered.  It was a cool 71 degrees when I got in my car this morning, and it was glorious.  I even rolled the windows down and turned on my heated seats.  (Seriously.)  The best part was that it was completely unexpected.  Just last week, I was wishing for Fall.

I haven't been running regularly since the two-mile relay a few weeks back because it has been SO unbearably hot.  (And I was still a little scared to run outside, since the last time I ran, Lyndsy scared me half to death.)  But I decided today that it would be a great day to lace up my running shoes, so that's exactly what I did.  Who knows how long this weather will last, but I'm grateful for it while it's here!

And I'm generally creeped out when people take pics of their feet, but I had to show you my blue toes. (And I figured people tend to read posts when they have photos in them.)  No, they are not blue from the cold.  Ha.  I actually chose that color from roomdog's ever expanding selection of nail polishes.  It's really loud for me, a typical pink/red girl, but she told me that color was "so in," and what's a girl to do but listen to her little fashionista roommate?!


{Blue toes and running shoes = first run of "Fall"}

And I was recently tagged in this strange/funny/fabulous picture on Facebook from Natalie's wedding last month.  


{There was A LOT of dancing that night.  And some crazy facial expressions, apparently.}

And in other news...Claire is back teaching at school, which means that we have a typical evening routine again.  I'm really enjoying it, because it means more chances at having dinner plans together in advance, and also I tend to go to bed earlier because she's already asleep, and it's not fun when you don't have someone to talk to!  

Her class this year seems to be much better than last, and I'm so glad for her.  It's amazing what having a year of teaching under your belt will do.  I am so impressed with how she has grown as an educator in just one year, just from things I've heard her say and different ways she's leading her class this year.  Way to go, Claire!  Those kids love you already, I'm certain.  (After all, who else rocks purple nail polish on the first day of school??)

No comments:

Post a Comment