Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Scare and A Surprise

This morning certainly started out with a twist.  I went running since it's about 20 degrees cooler at 6:30 a.m. compared to running at night.  Anyone else ready for Fall??

Well, I had my iPod in, and I had turned around to come back home.  I was on a road with lots of cars and felt safe.  Until someone came up and grabbed me and wrapped me in a hug.  I screamed.  I'm sure everyone at the stoplight wasn't certain what to think.  

It was Lyndsy.  I saw her running in the neighborhood yesterday on my way to work, and then we got to run together for just a little bit today!  It was quite a treat.  Unless you count the part where she scared the living daylights out of me.  But I'll forgive her.


{In the Swiss Alps in 2009!  Lyndsy is on the left.}

When we studied abroad in Europe together, she would run every.single.morning.  Even when it was super cold (which pretty much ended up being evey day.)  The only running I did was to catch a train or two along the way.  In fact, we almost missed most of our trains by a few seconds.  Good thing I could keep up with the Baylor track star! 

She's studying pretty much all the time for Physical Therapy school, so it was an unexpected treat to get to see her this morning.  Emhpasis on the unexpected.  :-)  Who knew that I'd have to be running in order to see her!

1 comment:

  1. I literally ran into you! and you should have seen your face!!! PRICELESS!! sorry for the scare but it was soooooo good to catch up and be running at the same time. Never thought that would happpen! Love you and can't wait to actually catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete