Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mile Zero

I've been hiding...in Key West.

It was wonderful, and I enjoyed my five days without even thinking about work very, very much.

The sounds of summer were all around, and we had a great time with Adam's family on this little island, just 90 miles from Cuba.



{The Southernmost Point of the U.S.}


Adam and I went parasailing with his brother, and it was so much fun!  The three of us all went up together, and they pull you up in this parachute thing while you're sitting in a swing, almost.  I'm pretty sure I squealed during take off, but after that, you just hang out in the air and looked down at the incredibly blue water.  


See?  Very blue water.  We went snorkeling one day, and we got to see so many cool things!  Adam saw a barracuda, and we both saw a jellyfish.  There were tons of colorful fish hanging out near the coral reef.


{Think this chair is big enough??}


{With Adam's brother on our last full day in Key West}


Adam and I rented bikes and rode out to Fort Zachary Taylor, where there was a beach and the fort.  It was great riding around...I'd forgotten how fun bikes can be!  I loved having a little basket and a bell.  I'm telling you...it's all about the little things!  {And I must confess, we just posed by these bikes on our way home from dinner so we could have his dad take the pic.  I did not ride a bike in that skirt.  Ha.  That would've been quite the adventure...}

This week was full of laughter, lots of sunscreen, sandy beaches and salty water.  Adam's family made me feel so welcome, and it was great to get to all hang out together.  And I really enjoyed spending five days in a row with this guy...


This was one night on the resort's pier before we all went to dinner.  I think it's my favorite pic of us right now.  Maybe because I have pockets in my dress.  (Come on, who doesn't love dresses with pockets?!)

I came back to a two day work week, and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly another weekend rolled around.  I'm for two day weeks more often!  I'm off to enjoy it some more.  

2 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures!! you look great, especially in that mini skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing all the pictures! You two are SO cute together! I was wondering about the skirt and the bike... glad you explained! :)

    ReplyDelete