Monday, August 2, 2010

And forget not...

At work recently, I've been coming up with a proposal for a potential sponsor.  Part of the deal is that we say, "Ok, you donate X amount of money, and in exchange, we'll put your logo up all over everything we print, and you can hang banners and be recognized from the stage the day of our event, etc."  These benefits are part of the deal of being a sponsor. 

I keep typing and talking about benefits at work, and I can't help but think of this verse that I ran across lately in Psalm 103 that says forget not all his benefits

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103:1-5

To me the best part of God's benefits is that we don't have to do anything to earn them.  He's not asking us for $25,000 in return for being forgiven or redeemed.  Thank goodness!  And I can't help but be so thankful and want to praise him for all that he's given us.  So let's not forget his benefits this Monday.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment