Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fun stuff and Finding your Passions

I started out today very thankful for the sunshine and for the fact that I heard birds chirping outside.  It's been a while since I've seen and heard all of that!  Work got a little frazzled, as it is our busy fundraising season, but now I'm home and off to choir practice tonight.  By the middle of the week, sometimes I just want to sit and veg out, but I'm always so glad when I go.  I just love singing, especially as an act of worship.  I'm so glad I get to be a part of this.

I was reading Kelly's Korner blog today, and she mentioned going to a store that was super cute.  She posted this picture...
...and before I even saw the store name, I knew it was in Fayetteville, because I got to go there with S.M. and Katie when we visited!  I don't know what it is about Fayetteville, but I just really loved our visit.  Maybe it was the company and the fact that we didn't have to pay for a single meal, or plan where to go.  It was all done for us, which now I appreciate so much more.  Being a grown-up takes a lot of thinking and planning sometimes!  I digress.

Ok, back to the store--it's called RiffRaff, and it's just an assortment of all kinds of painted, personalized and creative things.  The girl that owns it is just about my age, and it's in an old building that used to be a daycare run by her mom.  I just love to hear of people being successful and creative, and doing things they are really passionate about.  {I think this is the right story, but it's not posted anywhere on the RiffRaff blog.  S.M.'s mom and dad could be the next mayors of Fay-town, so they just know everybody and pertinent details about them.  It makes driving around town pretty entertaining!}

{Such cute stuff!}

And speaking of finding things we're passionate about and getting to do them...I'm currently trying to figure out how I can combine all of mine into one fantastic job.  Not sure how that's going to work, but if I could involve music, writing, people (kids and adults), and maybe turn it into a ministry, then I think I'd be set.  Any suggestions are welcome.  :-)


2 comments:

  1. I love that you are trying to find your passion and turn it into a job/ministry - I am right there with you {and thinking God put all this photography stuff in my life for a reason!} but anyway, you should look at your church & see if they have anything you can get involved with or within the community - I know at my church in Midland there was a position in the childrens ministry called creative director - and it was sorta what you are talking about. keep us posted on finding your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that store, esp the bottom pic.

    ReplyDelete