{Palm Sunday 1997}
Last night at Choir practice, we went into the sanctuary to practice for Sunday. We don't usually do that, so I knew whatever we would see that night would be more than just a song. I was right!
We started singing "Prepare Ye The Way," and little children, dressed like those above, started coming down the aisles waving palm branches. And then a long-haired Jesus came in after them. The best part was when he sat down at the front of the stage and all the kids sat around him. It was such a cool image of "Let the children come to me..." Matthew 19:14.
Palm Sunday is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. I think because it is so joyful just before so much sorrow of Jesus' death, I just really like it. And then there's the biggest celebration of all--Easter! Love it. Love it. Love it.
As the kids were coming down the aisles, I remembered that someone had posted this photo on Facebook a while back. As you can see from the time stamp, it's from 1997. I'm standing in the back in the blue "dress" (or whatever that thing's called!). That's "Jesus'"real hair. It always fascinated me growing up that a man's hair could look pretty that long, ha!
This photo brings back great memories of growing up in church and being in Children's Choir. And I am still friends with all these people in this photo, believe it or not. All the kids are either in college, graduated from college, engaged or married, and one has a kid! Funny how life happens so quickly!
Hope you are enjoying this Easter season.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:15
Also, if you are reading along, I'd love to know you've stopped by! I'm curious about who actually reads this thing, ha. So, if you want to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! In the words of Molly Piper, "You may be a stranger, but you're not a stalker." :-)

I read it!! duh I love your blog!!
ReplyDelete