Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mom-isms

I'm going to take just a minute to brag on my Mama.

{Here we are back in September after a Boston Red Sox game. 
We were helping Troy move into his new apartment up there.}

I started getting these emails every weekday for the last few weeks.  Turns out, my mom is trying to start something.  Just little "Words of Wisdom" that we've heard for years, but now we get an email almost every day.  It's pretty fun, because I love getting mail, and these make me smile.  Here are just a few of my favorites recently: 

March 3:  Make a to-do list today.
Check it off by evening. It will be a great feeling of accomplishment!

I was thinking about this one today as I've already been working for two hours and checked three big things off my list.  It does feel really good!

March 4: Pack light. It will make the trip more enjoyable.
And always be able to roll your own bag (which little Dixons started at an early age!)

This is so true.  I love being self-sufficient when I go somewhere.  Both my parents are expert packers and travelers.  My mom taught me to coordinate my outfits so that I wear one pair of shoes and bring another.  This works pretty well if you wear black and brown a lot...with a little bit of color. :-)

February 25: Be sweet.
(parting words from Nanny everytime we would leave!)

These are words from her Nanny, my great grandmother.  I can still hear my mom saying that to me and Troy when we were growing up.

Happy Wednesday!  Do you have any "Mom-isms" to share?


2 comments:

  1. I think that's really cool, Shay.

    I'm not sure my repeated "Quit kicking your brother" really fits in the same category as your madre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She's said plenty of those things through the years...I'm just choosing not to remember them :-)

    ReplyDelete