If you've been reading this blog for a bit, you might have read my Ode to Papa back in January. If not, welcome. Let me introduce you to Papa:
I just got off the phone with him. We're squaring away some plans for later this week. I get to see him tomorrow night at choir, and we might even have dinner together beforehand--we do that sometimes. Love it.
Papa's not one to tell you how he feels very often, although he is never short on words. :-) But my favorite thing is when we say goodbye, and I say "Bye Papa, I love you." And he pauses about five seconds and then says,"I love you TOO." Like he really means it. And it makes me smile.
Last weekend, I babysat for this family. I put the big boys down for bed, and then the youngest, who's two and a half, I cover up with a blanket and kissed his forehead. I said, "Night, Night. I love you." (Because I really do love them as if they were my own). He said right back,"I uff oo too, 'Aye." Seriously melts my heart. If I melt at this, can you imagine what I'll do when it's my own kids??
And as Palm Sunday and Easter approach, I am reminded that no matter how much I am loved here on Earth or how much I love others, there is nothing that compares to the Love of Christ, and I am humbled and so grateful.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-9

Luke has me wrapped around his little finger when he says with crinkled eyes and big grin- "I wuv yooou...Too!" Oh my word- Shay, you are not prepared for it when it's your own. He gets whatever he wants. :)
ReplyDeletei love when papa does that :)
ReplyDelete