Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grumpy to Grateful

This afternoon I was quite grumpy.  My day did not turn out like I had planned. (Shocking, right?)  I mentioned this to a friend who said, "Sometimes we feel grumpy when we forget to be grateful."  She was right.

I flipped through my pictures, some old and some new, and found several people and experiences that I was grateful for recently.  And I'm already feeling better.  I posted a similar story here last October about my mom singing "Count Your Blessings" to us whenever we complained.  Once again, it turns out she was right.

Here's what I'm thankful for today, at this moment:

{Amanda's wedding, August 2009}

I got to see Amanda two days in a row, since she was in town for work.  


{Baylor Basketball game, last season}

I had lunch with my cousins, aunt and uncle and a few others, on Sunday.  It was so. much. fun.  And we all know I love them.  My aunt and uncle just moved back here, so I'm excited to see them more often.


Because I didn't want her to feel left out, here's my cousin, Anna.  I've always liked this picture.  Maybe because we were just so goofy.  This was on a ski trip when my hair was braid-able...so a long time ago!


{My 22nd birthday lunch}

I had a nice little phone chat with my dad today.  It was sweet.



I got to catch up with Katie on the phone on Monday night.  Loved it.  
She starts teaching school this week.  So fun!



Papa and I had a little text session last night.  I love that he can text.  
And I also love this pic from earlier this summer when Troy was in town.  They love each other.  
And I love them. 



I'm looking forward to dinner with this chicky tomorrow night!



Isn't he just the sweetest dog ever?  



Tonight I had a good catch-up chat with Claire, and she let me play in her makeup.  She loves anything sparkly.  I watched her put on four different shades of shimmer this evening.  Hilarious.

  

These flowers next to my sink greet me every morning.  They are still so pretty after more than two weeks!  They make me smile when I think that this guy gave them to me...



AMP:  You make me laugh. 
I'm thankful for our run in the rain sprinkles 
last night, and the "dinner of athletes."  It was yummy.  
Thanks for being my most faithful reader.  

So now I'm feeling a lot more grateful--thanks for reading down this far!  :-)  My lesson for today: gratefulness often outweighs grumpiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment