Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Dear Dad,

Today is your special day...I hope you feel loved and celebrated!  Thanks for being such a wonderful Dad.  I love that you find so much joy in the music Troy and I make.  You and Mom are our biggest fans, no doubt.  Thanks for making it possible for us to go for our dreams, even when being a Rock Star is not always practical.




{March 2010--At a show in Deep Ellum, when Troy's band came to Dallas to record}

{June 2009--American Idol Tryouts}

Thanks for my education.  I'm grateful to carry on the legacy of being a Baylor Bear.

{On Campus, May 2009}

Thanks for showing us how to love and be loved, 
for exactly who we are, and who we can be.  

Thanks for showing us that you can always grow, change and learn. 
 All it takes is a willing heart.

And thanks for showing us how to have fun and laugh...
at ourselves.  


{Easter in Mexico, 2010}


Thanks for all the opportunities and the experiences we've had to make us who we are today.  It has made all the difference.  Not everyone can say they have a Dad that would go the distance for them.  
But I can.  And I'm so thankful.

Happy Birthday, Dad.  I love you.

Love, Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment