Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Adam had a birthday back in January.  But I never blogged about how we celebrated.  I'd been looking forward to celebrating him for a while, so I was probably more excited than he was when January 28 rolled around!

First, we ate dinner in the kitchen booth at Buca di Beppo with our friends from church, Sandy & David.  They typically take you on a tour through the restaurant, which includes the kitchen.  Adam was surprised when they stopped there and said, "Here's your table!"

The waiters sang "Happy Birthday" to him there before he blew out the candles on the candelabra.  The other cool thing about sitting in the kitchen is that you get to sample other foods.  They gave us meatballs and also mashed potatoes to try.  Both were delicious!


Then we went back to open presents.  I'd been at Adam's since I got off work, and I was dying for him to open his gifts.  But he wanted to wait, so the birthday boy waited 'til after dinner.  First he opened the boxes that came from his parents.  He played with his new watch and examined seemingly every aspect of each gift from them.  

(Are you getting the picture that this took a while??
And that I'm not a terribly patient person??
 AMP is seriously one of the most patient people I know.)  :-)

Finally it was time.  I handed him the first box with the letter "A" on it.  Maybe he thought it was "A for Adam?"  Who knows.  So he opened the A*Team DVD.  Then I kind of got a little smirk on my face and handed him a "B" gift.  He looked at me and said, "There's not one of these for each letter is there?!"  Why, yes.  There is.  Twenty-six letters for the twenty-six year old!


Technically I combined a few letters.  The bag with "X" and "V" in it had XXX Flavored Vitamin Water in it, and "Q" and "U" were combined for a Quick Trip to Turner Falls.  It was so much fun picking out candy, making coupons for things like Fort Building and a Birthday Blog.  It was a lot of little stuff and each was wrapped up with a letter.


Here's AMP with all his loot!  (His "Happy Birthday" banner is still hanging on his mantle.  Love it.)


We finally finished and were both worn out!  
And I think he was slightly overwhelmed.  
But it was so much fun to celebrate him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment