Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We go camping!

I'm sure you've been in suspense waiting to see me camping, right?  Well it's your lucky day!

{See...here I am...camping!}


Adam and I met Sandy & David out in East Texas on Cooper Lake.  We loaded up AMP's truck and headed out for a little getaway.  On the way out there, we passed an IHOP, and I discovered Adam's love for their pancakes.  Who knew?!  I didn't!

It was beautiful weather, and we enjoyed being outside so much.  After we got there, we hung out by the lake, walked around, played on the playground, soaked up some sun and played catch.


I've discovered that camping is a lot of building fires, cooking and making 20 minute round-trip walks to the bathroom.  In between all of that, there's a lot of good and hilarious conversations that occur. 

{we laughed a lot}


{Adam discovered that I ate carrots, and tried to get me to do the "What's up Doc?" face. }



Sandy made pot roast for dinner--she chopped up veggies and a chuck roast and put a packet of McCormick's Pot Roast seasoning in it, and then made a foil pouch to put right on the fire.  It was delicious!


{Firemen love fires.  Makes sense, huh?}

After dinner we sat around and talked and played a game at the picnic table.  The moon was so bright that night (I think it's the brightest it will be in our lifetime or something cool and science-y like that).  

We had a "shelter" with four bunk beds, a small fridge and a microwave, so it really wasn't roughin' it too bad.  (But it was  still out of my comfort zone!)  I don't sleep a whole lot at night these days, so I was awake from 3 to 4:30.  I saw Adam get up across the room, so I waved, as if he could help me go to sleep.  Ha.  He sweetly offered to drive me to the bathroom, and Sandy heard us whispering about it and wanted in on the trip, too.  So off we went.  And I went right back to sleep--imagine that.



Sandy & David on Sunday morning cooking breakfast.  
They're getting married in May and asked me to sing at their wedding!


Adam and I waiting on breakfast to cook.  (It's a little trickier than dinner.  
What breakfast foods can you cook in a foil pouch?? )

Sunday was our one year anniversary, and it was fun to spend the whole weekend together.  We got back and hung out some more and went to Chili's for dinner.  (It's kind of "our place.")  Later, we danced to my iPod and kind of re-lived when we first met.  It was sweet.  

We celebrated with a romantic dinner on Monday night, and I'll have to do a whole other post on that!  It's hard to believe it's been a whole year--time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment