{My flowers came with me to work. They are so happy and make me smile!}
There are some things that are especially good for the soul. Things that make you stop and appreciate the moment. Things that cause you to pause and be thankful.
Yesterday Adam and I ran together for the first time in a month. Adam's been hurt, and yesterday we got to jog again. The weather was beautiful, and we braved the wind. We talked as we ran about how we'd missed running alongside each other. He commented how great it felt to run, and that it was good for the soul. (So I'm taking his words and running with them. No pun intended.)
I left Adam's last night quite full: a full tummy, a full heart and full hands (he gave me those pretty pink flowers). :-) We fed the ducks at sunset and made friends with the locals who come to do this every day. It was a day especially good for the soul.
After all that, I had a slumber party with my mom and my aunt. We stayed up 'til almost midnight catching up. It was some good girl time. (But we missed you, Anna!) It, too, was good for the soul.
And Fridays are definitely good for the soul--anticipating the weekend ahead and the adventures to be had.
Happy Friday, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment