Another earthquake hit Haiti this morning around 6 a.m. I thought of my friend there, and went to check her blog. There was no news at that point, but I learned later today that they are fine.
This is from their most recent post yesterday:
We're ok. Why? How is that possible. This is why.
Therefore those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good. Our hope does not in asking the question why but in knowing the character of a good, trustworthy, and gracious God. -1 Peter 4
It's not ok here. Nothing is ok about the suffering in this place. It wasn't ok even before the quake.But we're ok- for one reason. Not because we're comfy, not because we're happy- it's because we know the character of the one who's in charge, and he. is. good. Good to the core. Not safe, not predictable, not tame, but wild and good and true, and redeeming all things, making all things new, all the time. He doesn't waste a thing.
I am beyond grateful that we have a faithful, good, trustworthy and GRACIOUS God. Aren't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment