Friday, January 15, 2010

His Word Does Not Return Empty!

I was just trying to come up with something to blog about today. One of my favorite sites to check is Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries blog. It is uplifting, insightful and very funny, too.

Last year, they had a Scripture Memory Team, where you committed to memorizing a specific verse on the 1st and 15th of each month, and if you did 20 out of 24 verses, you could come to a special event Beth Moore was putting on just for this group of people. I was pumped to hear about it & also excited to start it up in 2010.

As today is January 15, I was hoping they would post more information on this, and they did. Alas, it was not what I wanted to hear! LPM isn't doing the Scripure Memory Team this year, but that doesn't mean we can't memorize it this year on our own!

So, if you would like to be a part of the 2010 Scripture Memory Fiesta (I'm open to naming this differently!), just add a comment with your verse that you would like to commmit to memory over the next two weeks. Write it out in whatever version you find can relate to best, and leave it in the comments section. This way, others can get ideas for which scriptures they might want to learn.

It doesn't have to be really long, but it could be. Just as long as we're hiding God's Word in our Hearts, I think that's a great start! (Does anyone else remember Steve Green's Hide 'em In Your Heart music? Tell me yes.)

I will leave you with this, from Isaiah 55:

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."
Happy Friday!
ps. For the Deltas: I just loved the pine tree reference in verse 13. Made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. I'm posting a comment on my own post. Don't let me be the only one!

    Isaiah 55:11
    So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
    but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay I love love love this!!

    Ephesians 3:20
    With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine.

    ReplyDelete