Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The NEXT Pioneer Woman...

It's me!   Just kidding.  I blogged about cheese muffins this weekend from The Pioneer Woman, and they turned out to be a big hit with some friends we had over Saturday night.  I love it when people love what you cook! 

Yesterday, I got this in the mail:


I excitedly unwrapped the Amazon.com box, and poured over it for a good solid hour.  I can't wait to see how the recipes turn out.  I'll keep you posted. 

Tonight is the Dallas American Idol.  I need to record it so I can see if my face was caught on camera.  Probably not--I think I'm too normal looking!  But it will be fun to watch.  Yesterday we had a January birthday celebration at the office, and when we sang "Happy Birthday" a few who knew about my A.I. experience asked why I didn't sing a solo right then (kidding, of course).  Well, that turned the whole room of 20 people to look at me, and I fielded questions for the next ten minutes about my experience.  I turned bright red at one point when I realized all eyes were on me!  They thought it was funny.  I didn't exactly agree.

Sometimes I get really self-conscious about talking about the experience.  People ALWAYS ask me what I sang.  And I can NEVER remember the name of the Martinia McBride song.  In fact, I  had to look it up just now to figure out the title of the song.   I sang "Anyways." Maybe typing it out will help me remember it next time.  So embarrassing!

That's all for now.  Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love her cooking? I'm working on making her traditional Texas sheet cake for a birthday party next weekend! Glad you have had success with her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shay! Yay i'm so glad you commented on my blog so i could find yours :) Hope you're doing well! so excited to keep up with you through the wonderful world of blogging!! have a great day

    ReplyDelete