One of the blogs I've started to read recently is The Pioneer Woman. I think I like it for a lot of reasons. First, she chronicled her and her husband's love story in segments on her blog. And it's very funny. And I love love. Really. Basically, she grew up living on a golf course, had plans for law school and city life, and in one moment, met a rancher at a bar, and he found her again four months later (they live in a very small town), and they dated and fell in love and now she lives on a ranch with husband and their four kids (she calls them "punks"). She has adapted to ranch life, and cooks! She uses really basic ingredients to make really yummy stuff. Now, she even has a cookbook, which I've ordered.
You may be wondering what weekends and cooking have in common. Well, I have a lot of time today, and I made one of her recipes.
Yum. (photo by The Pioneer Woman) They were pretty good. I made them for lunch with homemade chicken fingers. Lyndsy showed me how to make them in Europe, and now I'm hooked on how easy and delicious they are!
I am super impressed! enjoy your weekend!!
ReplyDelete