Since it's January 30, I thought I'd post another entry about Scripture Memory again. Feel free to jump in whenever, if you'd like. Just leave a comment with your verse you're working on committing to memory. You can read more about my original post here.
This Scripture memory was inspired by Beth Moore's blog, so while I'm on the topic, I thought I'd mention the study she is going to do about her new book, So Long Insecurity. Her book comes out February 2, and I'm really excited about it. I just love the studies Beth Moore does, and I love blogs, so this is a really good combo!
Every Thursday (starting Feb. 11, I think), she will post new discussion questions from a couple of chapters of the book. The details are all written out here on her blog. I've already pre-ordered my book from Amazon.com so that it will just come right to me. (I'm really excited. And online shopping is addicting.)
On a more personal note, I was really inspired by one of my life-long and dear friend, Allison's post. Here's my favorite part of the Oswald Chambers devotional from January 27, "Look Again and Think":
“Take no thought for your life.” Matthew 6:25
"A warning which needs to be reiterated is that the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, will choke all that God puts in. We are never free from the recurring tides of this encroachment. If it does not come on the line of clothes and food, it will come on the line of money or lack of money; of friends or lack of friends; or on the line of difficult circumstances. It is one steady encroachment all the time, and unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the standard against it, these things will come in like a flood."
I also like the Message version from Matthew 6.
And you count far more to him than birds...Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Easier said than done, my friends, but I have found life is much more manageable when I let God figure it out.
Happy Weekend.
This is my verse from the Message:
ReplyDeleteAnd you count far more to him than birds...Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. (Matt. 6)
This is colossians 3:14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
ReplyDeleteI like that this is keeping me accountable...even if it is just the two of us!!